Years of Back Tax Returns? Dealing With Income Tax Problems

Posted on 08. Oct, 2011 by in Filing Back Taxes, Help Filing Back Taxes, How to File Back Tax Returns

Well, even though you may have not complied with the traditional federal individual income tax filing deadline, you realize that you have years of back tax returns.

Or, income tax problems may be on the horizon.

Still worse, you may not even be aware that you will be facing income tax problems.

Yes, you have filed your federal return in time to meet the 2011 filing deadline of April 18. But, oops, you forgot to include your payment. Or you didn’t attach the correct documents.

For sure, you will eventually receive a communication from the Internal Revenue Service.  Years of back tax returns can’t go on forever.

At that point, it is wise to heed the clear advice of IRS: “The worst thing you can do is nothing at all.”

It is time to evaluate the income tax problems at hand and learn what you can do to solve them.

After contacting the IRS, you may then find yourself confronted with income tax problems in need of expeditious handling by a skilled tax professional. This can be either a certified public accountant (CPA) or a tax attorney.

Why, you may ask yourself, should you pay money to solve income tax problems when you think you can handle them on your own? Think again.

There are a number of common situations that can result in income tax problems and often they are of your own making if you did not use the services of a paid tax preparer.  Years of back tax returns will not get filed by themselves.

For example, the Earned Income Tax Credit program can be a minefield to navigate. It is often the case that the credit is improperly claimed and you have refund money that must be returned to IRS.

The First-Time Homebuyer Credit, that covers tax years 2008, 2009, and 2010, has also become problematic. This often is a matter of misunderstanding or improper documentation.

If you, yourself, created the income tax problems, are you wise enough to overcome the problems on your own or is the better course of action a tax professional?

We are committed to helping you with years of back tax returns.

Your tax problem will certainly not go away on it’s own.  Call us now at 1-888-570-1033 for a FREE consultation.

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.