Back Tax Returns: Tax Relief Assistance Made Easier

Posted on 22. Oct, 2011 by in Back Tax Returns, Back Taxes, Filing Back Taxes

It is not unheard of for a taxpayer to be having problems with the Internal Revenue Service and be in need of tax relief assistance.

Tax problems should not be a source of embarrassment and they should not be neglected. “The worst thing you can do is nothing at all,” says IRS.

So what should you do? Who can you turn to?

A first step in a search for tax relief assistance could be speaking by telephone with someone at IRS or perhaps even visiting an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center. The problem with these approaches often deals with the use of your valuable time. Is there a center that is convenient for you and is it very time consuming to go?

In fact, a recent audit report from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration revealed that its undercover investigators had to wait for over one hour just to see an IRS representative at a Taxpayer Assistance Center.

The expression, “time is money,” really is meaningful, especially when it is your time. Is there an alternative to sitting in a waiting area at an IRS center in the hope of receiving important tax relief assistance?

Indeed there is by turning to the private sector in the person of a certified public accountant (CPA) or a tax attorney.

Their services will cost you some money but this must be weighed against the value of the tax relief assistance that can keep IRS off your back.

The tax agency offers a number of points to keep in mind when selecting a tax professional to assist you:

–    Check the person’s qualifications.
–    Ask about the person’s history.
–    Find out about the person’s fees.
–    Make sure the person is accessible.
Once you have decided on professional tax relief assistance, don’t delay in scheduling an appointment.

Delay can prove to be a very costly enemy.

If you know you need tax relief assistance, this means you are probably facing expenditures in the form of the payment of back taxes, interest and penalties.

For example, the penalty for filing a federal tax return late is usually 5 percent of the unpaid taxes for each month or part of a month that a return is late. The cap on this penalty is 25 percent of the unpaid taxes.

Tax relief assistance provided by a CPA or a tax attorney is usually the best way to proceed in a situation where the average person lacks the knowledge to navigate what can be a complex situation.  Back tax returns can be a challenge.

We are committed to helping you with your back tax returns.  Whether you need help getting them filed or just need to understand the process, we can help.  Our experienced team of CPAs and tax professionals know how to deal with IRS back tax issues.  We will work on your behalf to settle your tax problem in your favor.

Your tax problem will certainly not go away on it’s own.  Call us now at 1-888-570-1033 for a FREE consultation.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments are closed.